Friday, February 22, 2013

225. TUGBOAT CHRONICLES

T U G B O A T // C H R O N I C L E S
Disclaimer: The other day, Chanel and I went to the thinking spot and we were talking and she stopped me and said "look theres a tugboat! take a picture of that! you can write an awesome sermon on it!" So, i whipped out my phone and figured i'd write a little bit about this subject.
 
Tug·Boat [tuhg-boht]
noun
a small, powerful boat for towing or pushing ships, barges, etc
 
Have you ever been in a postion of having too much to handle? or having too much to deal with a the same time? i feel like that right now. I have WAY too much on my plate. I have 12 hours a week at starbucks, so im obviously broke. I dont have the grades to get into school. I feel distant from some friends. I am distancing myself from one of my best friends. I feel awkward at my church.My family and I dont get along for about 80% of the time we are together.I got called out of Canada to become a youth pastor but i dont know where.
 Life is just not easy.
BUT you have to live the life of knowing that you have JESUS.
Pastor Chris Durso said something in one of his sermons that has opened my eyes. He said something along the lines of " If God tells you that he wants you in a certain place, he will make sure that you get to that place." Yeah there may be some mountains that you need to climb on the way but God never fails in making sure that you get to the place he has called you.
 
A tugboat is such a perfect analogy of how God helps us. He is the boat and he pulls and carries all the baggage that we have. How incredbile is that? A tugboat is so small and carries such huge things. Which puts it into the perspective of no matter how small we make God in our lives, he still carries ALL the huge things that weigh us down.
Psalm 55:22 says


"Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.'
 
How awesome is that? The fact that God takes all those things and deals with them because he already has died for them anyways. And plus he gives us so much grace and love and support. There is nothing that God cannot do. He's amazing. Dont ever doubt God.
 
Also, learn to let go fully of the burdens that weigh you down. When you give God the little piece that you can let go of, you still probably have 90% of that burden holding you back from the things God has called you to. Learn to TRUST God with everything and anything, and remember that God doesnt put you thru anything you cannot handle.


 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment