Tuesday, August 10, 2010

You think things thru! [aug 5th 2010]

Today I had a wonderful coffee date with the beautiful Gabbi. We reminisced about kids camp and all out wonderful adventures. Then we talked about how different kids camp was in my life this year. I mean at first i was all for it but during the whole thing my thoughts changed. Dont get me wrong, I loved the whole experience but at times i think that my thoughts kept leading to the same question. "what am i doing here?" Anyways i later told Gabbi that i figured out the whole reason i was there.

On testimony night, which was the thursday night after consoling some of the kids, one of my best friends asked if they could have a chat with me. At this point i had no idea what was going to be said, so we left to the leaders room and just talked. we talked for what felt like hours but the words that this friend said were just so heart breaking. To have this person trust me with what they were and are going through was just so mind boggling. I think this experience changed my whole life. Needless to say this person is one of my favorite people and im glad that i am accountable for them. After that whole scenario i figured out my purpose during Kids Camp. I knew that God put me there on purpose to talk to this person and to be accountable for this friend. This got me asking Gabbi this question "Why do you think i can be trusted?" She then said that i was real when i gave people advice and that i actually take the time to listen to people and think about what im going to say before i say it.

Then we started talking about life in general and i discussed my future plans with her. I think that maybe my life is at this point because im at an age where i can handle what happened in my life and what is going to happen in my life. Im so blessed to have these awesome people in my life.

Later after that Gabs and i got some sweet friendship bracelets. Today was a grand day.


No comments:

Post a Comment