Wednesday, December 15, 2010

118. what is my reality.




oh goodness today was an intense day for me. I went to work early as i often do because people called in sick, and then just chilled for a bit. did some work, went on my break, looked around, went back to work and then just hung out at work. Anyways to start my story im gonna heva to go a bit back.

Ok so Jessica is one of my co-workers. She always seems to have a new story of the day to tell me in which i listen intently and try my best to either support her or laugh with her. Today was no different, she was telling me a story and i could feel my self getting a little upset with the situation that happened in the story. Anyways a bit later in the day when there was no customers, jess and i got to talking about life. I asked her "do u ever think about your future?" and this got her thinking and she said "all the time! I just have to figure out what i want and go for it" at this i replied with "well what do u want?" and she said "i want a part time job and i want a family." then i asked what she wanted her job to be and she went on about something. then i told her that she should get her act together and go study in order to have a career. Then i stopped myself and started to take back all that stuff i said because i am not practicing what im preaching.

"get your act together" wow, that was one thing that really spoke to me and i was all like woah. i cant be telling others to get their act together if i myself cant even get my own act together. so this got me thinking, what do i want? and why? do i wanna work in retail my whole life? nope. Do i want to live my everydays the same as the day before? nope. do i want to do just the average? nope.

well then, now i have to actually "get my act together" if i really wanna see a change in my everyday life and my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment