Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Birthday dad? deadbeat? abandoner?



So, its my dad's 46th birthday tomorrow, [March 2nd] and I don't know how to feel about it. I mean yeah he's a year older, but being older means you change.It means that you grow up. But i cant help but wonder, did he change? did he finally grow up? Does he remember the things that he did that changed our family? Does he know that i feel like this at all? Probably not. I mean yeah he is my dad, but i mean i was his favourite and he could have stayed. He could have tried to work things out with my mom. He could have been there for my Grad, and for the last 3 years of my life, but no. The only time he talks to me is when he wants me to be on his side. What kind of relationship is that?

Not a very good one.

BUT i have decided to take the high road.

So Happy Flippin Birthday Dad.



No comments:

Post a Comment